The Hogwarts Experience Quill

A place for HE members to show their fanfiction works to the world and beyond!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsHogwarts ExperienceRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Stranger [Original/Prompt - G] - Amortentia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amortentia

Female Posts : 174

PostSubject: The Stranger [Original/Prompt - G] - Amortentia   Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Fic Title: The Stranger
Author: Amortentia
Fandom: Orginal/Prompt
Format: Short Stroy
Genre: Myserious
Rating: G
Word Count: 658
Warnings: None
Summary: The events of a woman throughout the day in the presence of a mysterious stranger.
Notes: This was for the Writing Tournament, and had to include a dog, a blanket, and a stranger. xD

H U F F L E P U F F P R I D E
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amortentia

Female Posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: The Stranger [Original/Prompt - G] - Amortentia   Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:43 pm

Emily rolled over in bed and turned off her alarm, yawning as she tried to wake herself up. She slowly climbed out of bed and walked over to her window. She sighed in disappointment as she looked out and saw dark clouds hovering over the sky. It seemed as though the sky had done nothing but look threatening and rain for the past two weeks.

Preparing herself for what was sure to be another boring day, Emily got dressed and ate a quick breakfast before heading out the door, grabbing a purple umbrella just in case. The cold hit her like a blast when she opened the door and she could see her breath on the air. Pulling her jacket closer around her, she locked up the house and began walking to work.

As she was walking with her face down to keep the wind out, it wasn’t until she walked right into the man that she saw him.

“Oh, I’m so sorry, sir,” she said, looking up at the man, and was surprised to see the man smiling down at her with a wide grin.

“It’s quite alright, my dear,” he said, with his grin kept firmly in place.

She smiled at him, wished him a nice day, and continued on her way to work. When she got to work, she settled in for a long day of phone calls and answering emails. However, she was surprised to hear that her old boss had resigned and that someone else was taking over. Curious to get a look at him, she kept her eye open throughout the morning on the off chance she’d spot him.

As she was walking to get some more coffee, she got the feeling that someone was staring at her. Turning around, she jumped, spilling coffee all down her shirt: the man from the street, was smiling down at her.

“Oh my! I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to startle you!” he said with that happy smile ever in place.

Annoyed, but knowing it wasn’t really his fault, she smiled weakly at him.

“That’s okay, it was my fault. I’m just going to go to the bathroom and wipe this off,” she said, and walked away quickly, glancing back to find him still smiling happily at her.

She pushed open the bathroom door, mumbling to herself about the ruined shirt and trying to dab at it with a wet paper towel. After a few minutes, she decided to give it up and wear her jacket for the rest of the day.

The rest of her day passed unexcitedly, but well enough considering how the beginning of her day started. Nevertheless, she was very happy to be returning home at the end of the day, as she whistled a tuneless song while putting her stuff to leave the house. She wasn’t quite as excited to run into the happy stranger at the door.

“I just seem to be finding you everywhere today, aren’t I?” he asked enthusiastically.

“Yeah, if I didn’t know better I’d say you were stalking me…” Emily muttered under her breath but the man only laughed good naturedly.

“Well, I do feel bad about ruining your shirt, so I thought I’d make it up to you,” he laughed at the look on her face. “Don’t worry, it’s just a chocolate chip cookie, home baked and their quite good if I do say so myself,” he said, handing her a large cookie.

“Oh, no, I’m fine, really,” she said, smiling at him and making for the door again.

“No really, I insist,” he replied, thrusting the cookie at her.

Deciding it would be easier to just give the man what he wanted, she accepted the cookie, albeit, reluctantly, thanked him and rushed out the door as quickly as possibly as the man stood waving happily at her.

As she sank into bed that night, she pondered what a strange day it had been.

H U F F L E P U F F P R I D E
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Stranger [Original/Prompt - G] - Amortentia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1